Tourism Advisory Council
The constant increase of the number of tourists in Timișoara, in the last years, optimisticforecasts in this field, generated by obtaining the title of European Cultural Capital in 2021, aswell as the investments in the public space and accessibility in recent years are generatingnew challenges.
A tourism strategy at the level of the Timișoara municipality, developed in aparticipatory environment, becomes mandatory, as a stand-alone document, in addition to thededicated chapters of the Integrated Urban Development Strategy.
The Timișoara City Hall, through the „Timișoara Growth Pole” IntercommunityDevelopment Association, in direct collaboration with the associative and private sector in thefield of tourism, intends to develop this strategy in the upcoming period.
In this respect, through Decision 119/ 31.03.2017 of the Local Council, the TourismAdvisory Council was established and the Organization and Functioning Regulation wasapproved. It will function alongside the Timișoara City Hall.
The structure of the Advisory Council in the sectorial area has proven to be viable inthis context. Once established, the Tourism Advisory Council will stimulate dialogue andprepare strategic documents.
The new structure operates on the basis of an operating regulation and the main areas ofwork dealt with by the CCT/ TAC are the following:
- the city brand
- the city tourism strategy
- the city tourist marketing
- promotion and tourist information
- tourism and cultural heritage
- tourist services
- development of tourism infrastructure
- partnerships and volunteering
- professional development
- tourism categories: cultural tourism, business tourism (congresses and meetings),recreational tourism, sport tourism, oenological tourism, balneary tourism, medical tourism,etc.
- tourism and innovation/ new technologies
The Tourism Advisory Council may include representatives of tourism andcomplementary economic structures, cultural and educational institutions, irrespective of thelocation of the registered office of the legal person that is active at the level of the TimișoaraGrowth Pole, as follows:
- Presidents or representatives of organizations that are active in the field of tourism;
- Presidents or representatives of trade union structures that are active in the field oftourism;
- Presidents or representatives of employers’ structures that are active in the field oftourism;
- Economic operators of the SA, SRL, PFA, II (PLC, Ltd, authorized natural person,individual enterprise) types etc. that are active in the field of tourism;
- Educational units in the field of tourism;
- Institutions that are active in the field of tourism;
- The „Timișoara Growth Pole” Inter-community Development Association (ADI);
- The „Timișoara CCE 2021” Association;
- Clusters in the field of tourism and complementary fields of activity;
- Important people in tourism, marketing or other fields of activity that can add value tothe present Tourism Advisory Council.